The film was so popular that two sequels were made — Revenge of the Creature in 1955 and The Creature Walks Among Us in 1956.
Gill-Man became an iconic movie monster with cameo appearances in shows like “The Munsters” and appeared in the film “The Monster Squad”. He lived in the “black lagoon” that was located in the Amazon Rainforest hence the title of the first film.
This selection in horror movie bedding measures 88-inches by 88-inches and will fit a standard QUEEN mattress measuring 60-inches wide by 80-inches long. It is also available in FULL and KING sizes.
The Gill-Man Bedding Look
- The artist has captured the essence of this scaly amphibian humanoid in his multi-green shades and clean crisp detailing.
- As in his character portrayal, the design suggests his physical strength both on land as a humanoid with the scales of an expert swimming amphibian.
- Colors are bright and vibrant in shades of green, gold, black, rust, brown and gray on a light celery green background.
- This is a one-sided design meaning the image of Gill-Man is only on one side of this comforter cover with the reverse side being a soft, solid white shade.
- This artist designed bedding includes a concealed durable nylon zipper so the cover can be easily removed for cleaning.
- It is meticulously hand sewn and made to the highest quality standard for a rich appearance and long useful wear.
Creature Black Lagoon Cover Fabric
- This creature comforter cover is made from 100 percent polyester microfiber fabric.
- Each fabric strand is thinner than a human hair offering an incredibly high thread count per square inch for a super soft feel. This also adds strength to the fabric.
- This is a polyester fabric weave that also allows it to breathe as well as being static, stain and wrinkle resistant.
- Partner this with a QUEEN duvet insert or use it to cover your own perhaps “tired” comforter that needs a fresh new look.
Horror Bedding Care
- This “Creature from the Black Lagoon” duvet cover can be machine washed in cold water with a mild detergent.
- Tumble dry on a low to medium heat setting.
- Avoid hot dryer settings as this can damage the polyester microfibers.
- Do not use bleach.
- If you choose to iron, only the lowest heat setting should be used so you don’t scorch the fabric.
- This is design, signed by the artist, captures in rich vivid detail, Gill-Man from the horror classic film “Creature from the Black Lagoon”.
- Colors are deep and rich in shades of rust, brown, gold, black, gray and green in a mixed media dimensional design that will appeal to classic horror film fans with an appreciation for artisan design.
- This bedding is made to order in the USA, is not available in any big box retailer and is ready to ship in 3 to 5 business days.
- It is also available in a FULL size comforter cover measuring 79-inches square or a KING size duvet cover measuring 104-inches by 88-inches. Any size can be ordered through the link below.
- Pricing will be based on the size bedding you select and not by this review site.