This colorful, artist designed premium 16×16 inch throw pillow is inspired by the Japanese “Oni” folklore that translates as devils and demons.
These hideous creatures varied in appearance, often with sharp claws, wild hair and horns growing from their heads.
Skin colors of red and blue were most common. As devil masks, they served two purposes — first, to portray the devil and create disasters or cause plagues, or conversely they are used to ward off evil spirits.
Japanese Devil Mask Throw Pillow Look
- The artist has illustrated in colorful detail a devil image, grotesque in it appearance. From the sharp pronged teeth with fangs to the horns protruding from the skull, the design accomplishes its intent to scare and unsettle.
- The devil mask is framed by octopus-like tentacles on a deep red background overlayed by black splatter.
- Colors are in shades of orange, red, green, blue, yellow, white, black, gray and rust providing a wide color palette to coordinate with other room accessories.
- This is a two-sided design meaning the featured image will be on both sides of the pillow.
- Inside this 16-inch by 16-inch decorative devil pillow is a hypoallergenic insert.
Devil Pillow Fabric and Care
- This artist designed pillow cover is made from 100 percent spun polyester poplin fabric.
- It is meticulously hand sewn and features a concealed strong nylon zipper for easy removal when cleaning.
- The plain white high quality, down alternative insert is hypo-allergenic, double stitched for strength and overfilled for loft.
- Pre-treat any stained or soiled areas with a color-safe spot cleaner or spray or use a damp sponge.
- The zippered cover is machine washable in cold or warm water using a mild detergent.
- Do not use bleach as this may yellow and degrade the polyester poplin fibers.
- Air drying or tumble drying on a low heat setting is recommended.
Ordering Options and Information
- As an artisan design, this pillow is not available in any big box retailer and it is only available for purchase online.
- Signed by the artist, the pillow cover is made to order in the USA and available to ship in just 3 to 5 business days.
- This Japanese “Oni” design is available in 16×16-inch, 18×18-inch and 20×20-inch sizes.
- You may order it WITH or WITHOUT the down alternative pillow insert.
- Order this as a pillow cover only if you have an existing throw pillow that can use a fresh new look.
- This pillow is available with either INDOOR spun polyester poplin fabric or OUTDOOR poplin. Selecting the outdoor poplin is a few dollars more than indoor.
- This fabric pattern is also available other merchandise options through the link below.
- Pricing will be based on the size pillow you select and whether you order it with or without the insert. Pricing has not been determined by this monster merchandise website.